Friday, November 26, 2010

Temples of Ankor

Sorry I have been slow to post. My camera broke down in Cambodia so I am unable to download all of my photos. I was hoping to catch up all at once, but repairs on the camera are moving slower than I hoped.

The Khmer have a long history of civilization. From around the year 800 to the year 1300 various Khmer Kings built a number of temples in the Ankor region near the modern city of Siem Reap. Because the predominant religion of the Khmers changed over time some of the temples are Hindu and others are Bhudist. I have tried to learn the story of the Khmers well enough to tell it briefly, but I don't think that I can do it justice. Instead, I will post some photos of the cool ruins that remain. I will get all of the photos up as soon as I get my camera back from the repair center.

No comments:

Post a Comment