Monday, November 8, 2010

Dinner With My Class at Chilis

Students at UM currently are enjoying a two week holiday that they are supposed to use to prepare for their upcoming final exams. Becuase my course has no final exam, my class is over. I decided that it would be nice to meet with the class one more time in an imformal setting so I invited them for dinner at that All-American icon- Chilis.

View From Chilis in KLCC

There are a number of Chilis spread around KL, but the easiest to reach by public transportation is located downtown at KLCC. The Chilis is in the Suria Mall which is located beneath the Petronas Towers. We were lucky to get a table by the window so we had a spectacular view of the KL skyline.







The Class

I was pleased that all six of my students were able to attend and I think that they all had a good time. I was able to introduce them to some new tastes such as chips, queso, and salsa (I had the fajitas). It was nice to be able to chat with them in a little more informal setting. They were able to learn a bit more about the US and I was able to learn a bit more about Malaysia and Iran (one of my students is Iranian).




This photo of the best-looking class in Malaysia was taken in front of the Harley Davidson shop located next to Chilis in the mall.


KLCC at Night

You can see the red "Chillis" sign in the window at the bottom of the photo.




First Christas Tree of the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment