Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hollywood Comes to the Mall


I was headed down to lunch today when I noticed a film crew setting up outside of my apartment building. I waited for a while to see if Angelina Jolie or Pamela Anderson was going to show up, but apparently they were filming a scene for a local TV show so they were no-shows.

Here's the scene. A security guard comes out of the building, walks down the stairs, and salutes a second security guard. They exchange a couple of sentences of dialog (which of course is in Bahasa so I have no idea what they are saying). Then the second security guard looks to his left, points, and they both walk off that direction. (This is Oscar-worthy stuff!)

This seems like a pretty straight forward scene, but it took them quite a while to film it because they had to do numerous takes from different angles. There was a crew of 7 or eight people in addition to the two actors. I will let you know when this show is going to be shown on HBO.

Action- the first security guard saluting.


"Uh, what's my line again?"


The director controllted the action while looking at a small screen that gave him the camera's eye view. Even though all of the instructions were given in Bahasa, the action started and ended with "action!" and "cut!".

No comments:

Post a Comment