Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Guns Up" in Romantika


If you have been following along with the blog since the beginning and remember the story about "Black Santa" then this post will make sense. Otherwise, you should catch up by checking out the post "How does this stuff end up on the discount rack"?

http://markinmalaysia.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-does-this-stuff-end-up-on-discount.html

OK, nw that you are caught up you know that Romantika is a Malaysian chain of stores that sells "household items". After I discovered the Black Santa and the Texas A&M dinner plate on the shelves in the Romantika located in my mall, I have checked the shelves pretty often to see what other genms show up. Univeristy of Texas Longhorn cookie jars have appeared on the shevles, but they don't seem to be selling too quickly. I guess even Malaysians know that UT sucks at football this year!

Yesterday I was able to visit the Mother Ship of all Romantikas near downtown KL. As I rummaged throught the piles of useless suff, I uncovered a plate from Kansas State University (where I received my Masters Degree) and a serving bowl from the University of Utah (where I received my Ph.D. However, joy filled my heart when I found a stack of TTU chip and dip trays. Dip trays are much cooler than cookie jars! I bought one for the hefty price of 15 ringgit (that's about $4.70) and it now graces a special spot of honor in my apartment. There are still about half a dozen or so available. I will be happy to pick one up for you (of course there will be a "modest" shipping and handling fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment