Tuesday, June 22, 2010

To Campus and Back

The day before yesterday I took the camera along on my trip to the UM campus. Generally, I walk both ways, but that day I walked in and rode the LRT back so I essentially did a big loop across campus.

Yesterday I had to meet with people regarding my visa application so I thought it would be best if I was presentable and not a sweaty mess. I took a cab in: 10 minutes and less than two bucks. It is nice to know that I have the lazy man's option when I need it. They are doing construction on the office next to mine and yesterday they cut power to the lights and AC. I think I will work from home today.

Here's what it looks like.

Crossing the Federal Expressway, the main north-south freeway through the Malaysian Penninsula.


The suburbs.


UM Medical School and Hospital in the background.


PJ Entrance to UM


Campus view.


The building where my office is.


You don't see this on the Tech campus!


I don't know if the mosque is technically on campus or just adjacent to campus.


Universiti Station


Looking down LRT line and Federal Expressway from Universti Station. The archway represents the border between KL and PJ

4 comments:

  1. Hey Dr. McGinley - I am loving your updates from Malaysia! I can't wait to see more pics and hear about your time abroad. Your work is so important - the Environmentalism and the Rio Grande class I took with y'all my senior year completely changed my career trajectory, and still affects my work eight (!!!) years later. Hope all is well with you. :)

    Lauren (Ford) Crawford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren, It is great to hear from you! I have to say that the Rio Grande class helped to change my career trajectory as well-it's the start of the process that made me end up here. What are you up to these days??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. McGinley! It is so pretty there, I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ana, It is pretty here, and this is how it is in the largest city in the country. I can't wait until I get out and see more of the countryside.

    ReplyDelete