Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tigga's Last Day and Central Market

Tigga, my friend and colleague from Tech, has just finished up a couple of months of field work on bats at Krau Wildlife Reserve, in Pahang. She is headed back to Lubbock this afternoon. She just bought a new house in Lubbock, so we spent yesterday afternoon shopping at KL Central Market. The Central Market has a bit of everything ranging the cheapest of cheap plastic junk to beautiful and unique artifacts. You could blow a lot of cash there (and Tigga did- I won't post the photo of the Malaysian chest that she had shipped back to Lubbock because I don't want to ruin the surprise for Danny).

After shopping and showing Tigga around my new place, we went up to Titiwangsa and met up with Tigga's field manager, and his wife Leena. I got to know Zam when I visitied last year so it was nice to see him again. Leena is a second grade teacher and today is her first day of the new school year. I hope she gets off to a good start.

We at at the Hokaido Seafood Restaraunt which is a little creepy for me because they have lots of aquaria with fish and inverts swimming around. You are supposed to pick what you want to eat and then they will prepare it. As a diver, I have a hard time doing that to my underwater friends, so I had pineapple chicken instead.


Leena, Zam, and Tigga outside of Hokaido's Restaraunt.

So What Did I Buy at the Market?


This mask (I call him "Asian Santa") carved out of bamboo comes from Borneo.


Nothing but "museum quality" pieces for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment