Saturday, June 12, 2010

New Apartment in Amcorp Mall, Petaling Jaya

UM is located on the border between KL and Petaling Jaya (PJ), so to be close to school I will live just on the PJ side of the boundary line. I have made just a couple of trips into local neighborhoods and so far it looks like typical suburbia. I still have a lot of exploring to do.

Amcorp Mall

Anyone that knows me very well knows how much I love the mall! At the South Plains Mall in Lubbock, when I absolutely have to go the the mall I always park in the same spot so I don't get lost (outside of JC Penny's) and then I run in and try to get out as quickly as I can. Who would have thought that I would end up living in the mall? Now my immediate neighborhood is a 5 story, air conditioned area with over 200 stores and tons of places to eat. I think that apartment complex was mostly built to provide short term housing for visitors working in the adjacent business buildings so I imagine that most people living here are probably short-termers just like me.

When I walk out of the lobby of my apartment complex and into the mall, this is the view that awaits.




The Mall Entrance


Outside Views





You can see my appartment on the 16th floor (I think there are 27 floors total).


The Neighborhood

The mall is located just across the street from the Taman Jaya train (LRT) station,


an AW Rootbeer Drive-In,


a soccer field (can you tell that it has rained a "little" here?),


and a pretty park with a lake.


View From My Apartment on the 16th Floor


No comments:

Post a Comment