Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Random Photos

Although I have travelled a lot in the last 10 years or so, I have never bothered to buy a good camera. Becuase I was spending so much of my time on boats and I was afraid that I would ruin a nice camera by getting it wet, I used cheap disposable cameras for years. Because most of my scuba trips usually involved divers that were great photographers, I have been able to get by without my own camera for far too long. I bought a new camera before I came here, but it should be obvious that I don't really know what I am doing. I just point and shoot and figure I should post it because you probably have never seen anything like it before. Here are a couple of pictures that I took last weekend.

The King's New Palace

The King of Malaysia currently lives in the Istana Negara (the National Palace) located in the KL area. They are building a new palace located in the Damansara Heights region of KL. You can build a palace fit for a King in Malaysia for only 800 million ringgit (thats $250 million).

Here's how the palace looks right now. You can notice the KL skyline in the distance. I bet the King and his family are going to have some great views!



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istana_Negara,_Kuala_Lumpur

Interesting View of Petronas Tower and KL Tower

The two iconic buildings in the downtown KL skyline are the Petronas Towers and the KL Tower. One of these days I promise to try to take some good photos of both of these buildings.

This weekend I was having a coke light in the McDonalds in Bangsar when I noticed that I had a unique view of downtown KL. Look at how the KL Tower is directly in front of the Petronas Towers!

No comments:

Post a Comment