Sunday, September 12, 2010

Football Season is Here!!

After months of waiting, football season is finally underway (by "football", of course, I do not mean "soocer", I mean "real football"). As the Dodgers have fallen farther and farther behind during the baseball season, I have found my interst in US sports to be waning, so I am glad that football is finally here to spark my interest.

What do people think about the new white helmets???

Tech's Jonathan Brydon blocks a UNM punt on Saturday, one of two punts blocked by Tech during the game (photo from Texas Tech Daily Toreador)

The Texas Tech Red Raiders have won their first two games (against Southern Methodist University and University of New Mexico). Tech has a new coach this year (Tommy Tubbervile, fomerly coach at Auburn) so hopes are high, but there is a lot of uncertainty about how things are going to turn out. I guess we will find out next week when the Longhorns from UT come to Lubbock. I have been able to listen to the Tech games on internet radio.



Today is Monday and this morning I listened to the Dallas Cowboy's first game (kick off was about 9:00 AM). If today's game with the Redskins is any indication it might be a long season. What were they thinking at the end of the first half?!?

At least it is more interesting to hear the Cowboys lose than to read about soccer. The soccer focus now seems to be on an English soccer star who used prostitutes. If I cared about sports stars sex lives then I would follow golf!

Good luck to the Red Raiders and the Cowboys!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment