Sunday, January 30, 2011

Taman Negara- Lubok Simpon

Note: I still have a lot of photos to download from Taman Negara. The internet has been incredibly slow lately (I downloaded 2 photos all yesterday). Hopefully, it will speed up soon so that I can post the rest!

Not surprisingly, the rainforest in Taman Negara is drained by a number of rivers. The drainage of Sungai Tahan (Tahan River), I believe, lies entirely within Taman Negara, so this river has not been influenced by deforestation and other human disturbances. Therefore, Sungai Tahan is a beautiful and clear river.

Lubok Simpon is a beach along Sungai Tahan that is only a short hike from the National Park Headquarters located adjacent to the Taman Negara Resort. Here are some shots of one of my favorite places in Taman Negara.








This is one of my favorite pictures from Taman Negara. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.


Notice how clear the water is in rivers that flow through undisturbed forests.


2 comments:

  1. I am enjoy see what have u wrote and posted on it.I think it is very useful for me cos I and my fren will held a trip to tmn negara jerantut on this coming october for our university students.
    thks ur feeling as my research for this trip i will continue follow up ur blog in future.

    cheers,
    soo jian ming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can i know the location of the last 2 pictures (the stream)

    ReplyDelete