Monday, January 17, 2011

Orientation at Saito College


Saito College is a small design school located in PJ (near the State Theater). At lunch time today I noticed some strange goings on in front of the school. When I asked some of the students what was going on they told me that it was orientation for the new school term. It looks like they had 4 groups of students making clothes out of newspaper that were then displayed in a fashion show. This is stuff you don't see every day in Lubbock (probably because Tech students are much too academic to become involved in such silliness)!





Strutting Their Stuff on the Runway.







It doesn't look like she is having too much fun. (I was surprised to see that this student commented on my blog- I have no idea how she found it. The said that she was bothered by the sun during this photo and that she was having a great time during the orientation. Thus, I want to be sure to set the record straight).


Some of my new friends at Saito College.

3 comments:

  1. hey mr.mark ~~ :D
    i'm the girl in the photo who u mentioned doesn't look like having too much fun...

    the bright afternoon sunlight dazzled me ,i can't open my eyes >.<

    i really having so much fun in Orientation~~ =)

    anyway, your photo shooting skill is amazing!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jean, Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I will change the caption of your photo to let everyone know that you were indeed having a good time! I am glad that you have enjoyed Orientaion and I wish you the best of luck with your studies. Maybe we will run into each other again in PJ (I often eat lunch and dinner near your college). Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello mark... finally i found my picture here.. thanks soo much yea,,,

    ReplyDelete