Monday, January 3, 2011

Multicultural Penang

From the Kek Lok Si Bhuddist Temple you can see a Christian Church (in the foreground) and an Islamic Mosque (just below the tallest building)as you overlook Georgetown.


I had Indian food for lunch in Georgetown. I really don't know too much about Indian food, but it doesn't appear that you have to know too much in order to get some good food. I ordered chicken and "6 other things". I have no idea what the 6 other things were (I have learned that I am usually much happier if I don't know what I am eating), but it was tasty. I liked their multicultural Christmas decorations.




I don't know that this photo really goes here, but I will post it anyway. Penang is one of the states that voted out the ruling political party (the BN) and replaced it with the opposition party in the last election in 2008. This sign, apparently put up by the Penang state government, says "No to ISA". The ISA, the Internal Security Act, is a law that is apparently used to punish critics of the government. You would not see such a sign in KL.

No comments:

Post a Comment