Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sipadan Island


Sipadan Island is Malaysia's best-known, world-class dive site. It is still hard for me to believe that I am staying on Borneo and diving at Sipadan! Anyone who has ever been diving with me knows that I am one of the few serious divers who does not take underswater photos. I will be able to show you some above water photos (and later I will rip off some photos from the internet to show you some of the critters that I have been seeing).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sipadan

http://www.tourism.gov.my/en/destinations/item.asp?item=sipadan



You can read a bit about the history of Sipadan Island from the sign located on the island. Sipadan once had a couple of resorts, but those have been closed an noone can stay on Sipadan any longer.


Sipadan is a volcanic island located in very deep water which is one reason that it is such a great dive spot.


"Sadness is Sipadan Island in your rearview mirror". (apologies to Mac Davis)

No comments:

Post a Comment