Monday, December 13, 2010

Of Course I Saw Interesting Things When My Camera Was Broken!

Sikhs

Indian Malaysians are the smallest of the three major ethnic groups. Because India is such a large country, not surprisingly, there is a lot of diversity within the Indian community. Many people from the Punjab region of Idia are adherents of Sikhism. One of the readily observable characteristics of Sikh men is that they wrap their head with a turban.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikh

Sikhs and Motor Scooters

Motor Scooters are a major form of transportation in Malaysia. The laws requires all scooter riders to wear a helmet. However, because their turbans will not fit underneath the helmet, Sikh men wearing turbans are exempt from this law.



Sikh Man Riding Scooter in the Rain
Last week it started to pour down rain as I was walking home from UM (luckily, I could hang out under a covered walkway and I have learned not to leave home without an umbrella). I noticed a Sikh man riding by on his scooter with his turban covered with a clear shower cap. Of course my camera was in the shop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment