Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sukau Rainforest Lodge


I stayed at the Sukau Rainforest Lodge near the village of Sukau on the Kinabatangan River. This award-winning eco-lodge provided food, a place to sleep, and organized wildlife viewing opportunities. It was a great place to stay!!

http://www.sukau.com/

The riverside restaurant.


This boardwalk joined the riverside verandah with the rest of the lodge.


Even though it was supposed to be the dry season there had been a lot of rain. Thus, the river was at an unusually high level. It looks like I won't get to play any volleyball this trip.


The lodge's 20 rooms were organized around this "green courtyard".




We had our meals along the river. Here are the views. Sometimes eating was interupted when a hornbill flew across the river.




I loved the hornbill wood carvings. I just couldn't figure out how to fit them into my suitcase.


No comments:

Post a Comment