Monday, April 11, 2011

Kampung Pulau Mabul

With diving three times a day and all of the eating and napping that goes on in between dives, there was not a lot of free time to fill at Mabul. Any free time I had I spent wandering around the Kampung (village). Becuase they get a lot of visitors to the island people were friendly, especially the kids (see the next post). Some of the men invited my to join them in their basketball game, but I didn't want to be a bad guest by throwing down my world famous in-your-face dunks dressed only in my flip flops, I declined.





Drying out seaweed.





Cock fighting seems like a popular "sport" in the Kampung.




Malaysians take their shoes off before entering their houses.


Building his own boat.






I hate getting caught when I take pictures of people. Either I am not very good at lurking in the bushes or else my lense isn't long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment