Monday, April 11, 2011

Mabul Kids

I think that I may have mentioned this before, but one thing I have learned is that if you take an interest in people's kids then their parents are much more accepting of you wandering around sticking your nose into their lives and taking pictures of them. The kids on Mabul were all happy to have their photos taken. They were all so cute that they even make me look like a good photographer.

A day at the beach.


"Peace ya"ll".


When I came upon these kids they were trying to stand up on a big log that was floating near the shore. I wanted to get photos of them "log rolling" but anytime that I pulled out my camera they just started to pose.


This girl was working in a shop selling sea shells, corals, and dried fish. Because I am sure that almost everything she was selling was gathered illegally I couldn't spend any money in her store.


Three cool dudes!


This girl was working in a little stall selling bake goods that her mother cooked up. I bought a bag of cakes from her. They weren't really very good, but I was glad that I got to add a little to the local economy.


This little girls was sitting on her grandma's lap on the front porch of her house when I walked by. At first she was shy but then, with Grannie's encouragement, she was willing to have me take her photo.


These guys are the sibs of the little girl in the previous photo. They were not as photogenic as their little sister.


Playing with bubbles.




These girls are pumping water from the well.


No comments:

Post a Comment