Friday, July 9, 2010

Tex-Mex!!



I have enjoyed the food here, but occassionally I feel like something familiar. The two western foods that I miss most are pizza and Mexican food. There is a Pizza Hut within walking distance which tastes almost like home (but there are a lot of types of pizza on the menu here you would not see in the States- like fish sticks), but I have found another pizza joint (owned by an Aussie) that I like better.

Someone suggested that I try Chili's for Tex-Mex, so last night I gave it a try. Chips, salsa, queso, fajitas, quesadillas, margaritas- all just like home, with a panoramic view of the KL skyline thrown in (just like the view when dining a Chili's on Slide Road in LBK). Mexican food craving satified!

Today it is back to Malaysian food. I had lunch at a little cafe upstairs in the mall called "Uncle Snacks". Whenever I go there the Chinese man who runs the place, who I assume is Uncle Snack, kind of grunts while he points to something on the menu, and then that is what I have. Today was some kind of beef soup with noodles. It's always good, so I am happy to let Uncle Snack choose for me.

1 comment: