Friday, July 2, 2010

First Faculty Meeting

Because I have a joint appointment at Tech (I work in both the Honors College and the Department of Biological Sciences) I get to go to faculty meetings from both groups. Thus, I have a lot of faculty meeting experience. This morning the Program in Ecology and Biodiversity, the group that I am affiliated with at UM, had their first faculty meeting. It was nice to meet some of the people that I will be working with and to hear the issues that they are dealing with. I was a little surprised that virtually every issue that they discussed (students not meeting deadlines, what to put in the brochure, how to handle advising for student projects, dealing with mandates from the administration, etc) were issues that we deal with all of the time in both the Honors College and Biology Department. I guess that students are students, professors are professors, and administrators are administrators wherever you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment