Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Another Day at UM

The parking lot across the street from my office appears to be the center of a lot of activity. Today there were a lot of tents set up with students selling items. I think that these were students from the business school who were divided up into teams and were engaging in a contest to see who could develop the most profitable corporation.







Most of the stalls were selling some time of food or drink and because I visited about 1:00 in the afternoon I was ready for lunch so I thought I should try out some of what they had to sell. I am sure that I picked up a months worth of calories this afternoon. I told all of the groups that one of the reguirements was that they allowed me to take a photo of them. As with most Malaysian students I have met here, you can see how reluctant they were to pose!

This group sold me some pineapple, that I plan to eat before I go to bed tonight.


These travelling salesmen sold me a chocolate doughnut.


I bought a coconut drink from this group.


These guys gave me an ice cream cone and a "save the earth" sticker!


A glass of lime aide!


This group sold me a type of lemon-coconut cake from Somalia that was very tasty!


I can't remember what I got from this group. By this time I was on a pretty serious sugar high!


Stay in School!!
Anyone who has ever wondered why they should stay in school and work on projects to improve their business skills should take a look at this photo. Last week in KL a bus stopped and dropped off several people dressed in these white costumes. They carried signs advertising online banking for a local bank. After parading up and down the street in the heat for about 10 minutes, they loaded back up on the bus and headed, I assume, to a new street corner to repeat the process all over again. I bet these guys wished they had studied harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment