Monday, August 23, 2010

Welcome Back Tech Students!


By now all of the Texas Tech Univeristy students, faculty, and staff should be in a mad dash to finish up all of their summer plans before the Fall Semester starts at the end of the week. I hope that you all had a great summer and that you are excited about the new semester. I would feel sorry for you at the end of your summer vacation, but our semester in Malaysia has been going on for over 6 weeks now, so my summer vacation was cut short. It seems like a very exciting time at Texas Tech and I hope that you can all muddle along without me this year.

My blog is intended to tell you something about my life over here in Malaysia and to help you learn a little more about the people, history, culture, and environment of this beautiful country. I have been over here about two and a half months so far and I will remain until sometime in April. I try to update several times per week so please follow along with my adventures by checking in on the blog regularly.

I am teaching a course in the Program in Ecology and Biodiversity at University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur called "Special Topics in Ecology and Biodiversity". If you want to see what I am teaching them and to learn more about some Malaysian students you can check out my teaching blog- http://umspecialtopics.blogspot.com/

I am anxious to keep up with news from ex-students, the Honors College, Biology Department, Book Club, Lunch Discussion, TTU, and Lubbock so please feel free to keep in touch and let me know what is going on back home (mark.mcginley@ttu.edu). Right now I am waiting to see who will start at quarteback and whether or not the Tuberville era gets off to a good start or not (I still haven't figured out how I am going to follow football while I am over here! The sports pages have several pages devoted to English soccer, but not a single report on the NFL or the Big 12!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment