Wednesday, August 4, 2010

How Did This Happen? The "Double T" in Malaysia


When I was in Malacca last weekend, we stopped at a 7-11 late at night to get some water and snacks. I noticed a sign in the window that caught my eye. Roughly translated, the sign says "remove your helmets and hats before entering the store". If you look closely you might recognize the offending ball cap as sporting the Texas Tech University Double T! (I have a hat just like it.)



In the last few days I have checked out 7-11s in PJ and KL and have noticed that all 7-11s have this sign posted on the front door. These signs could be the result of some Tech grad trying to get TTU some publicity. However, because the TT cap is inside of the big red circle with a red line through it (the universal sign for "NO"), I suspect that some diabolical Aggie or Longhorn is behind this.

Regardless, because of the ubiquity of 7-11s over here, this might be the most commonly posted photograph in Malaysia. As they say in the advertising world "any publicity is good publicity".

No comments:

Post a Comment