Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pulau Tioman


This is the 249th post that I have made on this blog. Without a doubt this is the best location that I have ever blogged from. I am sitting on the porch of my cabin (they call it a chalet) that is separated by the sea by only about 15 yards of perefect white sand. I am drinking a frosty beverage (which is cheaper because things are duty free here). Earlier, the only people on the beach were three Scandinavian women in bikinis, but now the beach is becoming more crowed as people gather to watch the sunset.

The sun has just hit a wall of clouds about one and a half fingers above the horizon. It looks like this might be as good as the sunset gets tonight, but if so, that's OK because there will be many more sunsets to come.

This morning I took the one hour long flight from KL to Pulau Tioman. Tioman Island is located off of the south east coast of peninsular Malaysia in the state of Pahang (not Johor as I originally thought). It took me about ten minutes to walk down the only road in town to my hotel. About an hour and a half after that I was getting geared up for diving. Good day.

I will be here for several more days, so I will post more about this beautiful island.

This plane held about 50 people.


Sophisticated baggage handling system.


View from my porch.


Why did the monitor lizard cross the road? (I have no idea, this is a rhetorical question).


Update added dat 10 PM. I am in my cabin getting ready for bed (diving really tires me out). I can hear the sound of the waves gently breaking on the shore. I probably will never make it back to Lubbock!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment