Wednesday, March 23, 2011

National Attire

The invitations to the final banquet said that we should wear either clothes from either our home country or our host country. I am always a little confused when someone mentions clothes from my home country. I was born and now live in Texas; does that mean I should wear a cowboy hat and boots (which I certainly don't have)? But I am psychologically much more like a Southern Californian; does that mean I should wear flip flops, shorts and a Hawaiian shirt (which I certainly do have). It was interesting seeing what some of the people wore.

Thailand


Thailand


Thailand?!? They wanted her to dress like a cowboy. I guess this is how you dress to wrangle water buffalo.


Vietnam



Team Malaysia

I decided that I wasn't ready to go full-on-Malaysian. Luckily, I saw a 1Malaysia shirt at the Craft Market. Sometimes you see some of the government ministers wearing this shirt. Do I look ministerial? (I have posed for lots of photos for people who want to have their pictures taken with a tall guy since I have been over here).


The Malaysia Fulbright students. 1Malaysia!!!


The Malaysia Fulbright professors (and wives and friends)


I love this photo. This kid got to take his picture with the pretty Thai dancers. He just kept getting redder and redder! But now he has the coolest Facebook profile picture of all of his friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment